28 September 2021
UNESCO Almaty will organise a second webinar on 28 September 2021 for key public authorities of Turkestan Oblast. The event will be held as part of the celebration of International Day for Universal Access to Information jointly with the Ministry of Information and Public Development and focused on the proactive disclosure of information in Turkestan Oblast of the Republic of Kazakhstan. #AccessToInformation
The theme of the 2021 International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI) is The Right to Know – Building Back Better with Access to Information.
It will highlight the importance of expanding access to information laws, and their implementation worldwide to build back strong institutions for sustainable development and to uphold the vision of information as a public good, as well as to strengthen international cooperation in the field of implementing the right to information as a fundamental right.
The webinar in the framework of the International Day for Universal Access to Information focus on the following sub-themes:
- The contribution of access to information laws to the achievement of sustainable development goals, and more specifically of indicator SDG 16.10.2 on public access to information;
- The importance of efficient and independent oversight bodies and of legal frameworks to guarantee implementation of right to information and right to information laws.
MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
Webinar Broadcast in Russian
- From promise to practice: access to information for sustainable development, (Qaz)
- Access to information: a new promise for sustainable development
- SDG 16.10.2 UNESCO Survey on Public Access to Information (Institutions)
- Letting the Sun Shine In: Transparency and Accountability in the Digital Age
- Access to Information Laws webpage at HQ
- Agenda (EN), (KZ), (RU)